READERS’ THEATRE AT BEOWULF ALLEY THEATRE COMPANY
Local Tucson Playwrights and Actors and Volunteers are Invited to Participate
(Tucson, AZ – December 3, 2008) Playwrights who reside in the Tucson Metropolitan area are invited to submit scripts to Beowulf Alley’s Readers’ Theatre Program. Plays submitted should be finished pieces, thoroughly vetted and thoughtfully crafted based upon a critique process.
We are also seeking volunteers to read characters and assist with this monthly event. the ability to read dramatically is necessary for readers. we also are seeking volunteers to serve on our reading and selection committee.
PARTICIPATION IS LIMITED TO THOSE WHO HAVE THEIR OWN LOCAL HOUSING AND TRANSPORTATION AND CAN BE AVAILABLE AT ALL PRE-ARRANGED TIMES. QUESTIONS AND INQUIRIES REGARDING PARTICIPATION IN THE READERS' THEATRE PROJECT MAY BE MADE VIA E-MAIL AT firstname.lastname@example.org.
Script submissions are ongoing and may be mailed to (Please do not e-mail scripts):
- Beowulf Alley Theatre Company
- Readers’ Theatre Program
- 11 S. 6th Avenue
- Tucson, Arizona 85701
Dates for the remainder of the 2008-2009 Monday night readings are:
- Jan 12, Feb 16, April 13 and May 18, 2009, all at 7:15p.
Playwright’s Responsibilities and Guidelines –
- *Plays submitted should be finished pieces, thoroughly vetted and thoughtfully crafted based upon a critique process
- *One securely bound script in an accessible format
- *Arrange for actors (Beowulf will help by holding auditions onsite if necessary)
- *Arrange and manage one rehearsal at Beowulf
- *Supply the required number of scripts for the reading
- *Coordinate their efforts with and through Readers’ Theatre committee members
Beowulf will provide –
- *An audition space and time (if required)
- *Rehearsal space and time (must be scheduled with Theatre Manager)
- *One Monday night reading on the Baron Stage
- *Public announcements (This will be a pay as you will event)
- *A committee member liaison to manage and coordinate the reading
PARTICIPANTS WHO PREFER TO HAVE THEIR SCRIPTS RETURNED VIA MAIL MUST INCLUDE A SELF-ADDRESSED, STAMPED ENVELOPE. SCRIPTS WILL BE HELD FOR PICKUP AT THE THEATRE OFFICE FOR THREE MONTHS FOLLOWING THE CLOSE OF THE READERS' THEATRE SEASON SERIES AFTER WHICH TIME THEY WILL BE DISCARDED.
Volunteer Readers –
- *Ability to dramatically read and convey character or stage directions
- *Attend rehearsals as scheduled
- *Attend the Monday night reading
Committee Volunteers –
- *Ability and time to read scripts critically
- *Attend one meeting monthly in addition to Public reading night
- *Act as an ambassador to the community to encourage involvement and
- participation in activities at Beowulf Alley Theatre Company